WHO ARE WE?
Fumble is a non-profit platform for content on sex, relationships, identity, health and pleasure.
We aim to plug the hefty gap left by inadequate sex and relationships education (SRE) in the UK and beyond, giving young people amazing, relevant social content to read, view and share.
Fumble is a team of young media, education and health professionals, who give their time and talents as volunteers. We’re backed by the Great Initiative, the Women’s Equality Party and Shape History. We also work closely with the young people’s sexual health and wellbeing charity Brook. We welcome (and seek out) collaborations with any relevant groups and media platforms.
We also welcome comments, contributions, sponsorship opportunities, advertising inquiries and anything else you want to chat about.
You can get in touch with us here and subscribe to our mailing list below!
Why do we Fumble?
- The NSPCC has found that 40% of teen girls say they feel pressured to have sex.
- Primary school-age children are regularly sharing sexual content in the classroom, teachers warn.
- Period education campaign Betty for Schools say nearly half of girls don’t know what’s happening when they first start their period.
- Sex crimes in schools up by 255% in four years, says TES.
- Vagina surgery for appearance reasons is now ‘sought by girls as young as nine’, says BBC.
- Recent research by the NSPCC & Middlesex University confirms that over half of 11- to 16-year-olds have seen explicit material online. Online pornography can be very graphic, and can feature racist and misogynistic content.
We could go on. A lot of these young people are accessing content like online porn because they are looking for answers to questions on sex and relationships that they’re simply not getting elsewhere.
This is why we need Fumble.
WE ARE RECRUITING!
Fancy joining our team? We have lots of need for people to help with fundraising, communications, events organising, admin (fun!) and more – get in touch with the business side interests you.
We’re also always on the lookout for Content Creators: